Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Peace Fleece Arrived!

I just got my Peace Fleece today!

Peace Fleece is a company set up in the eighties to foster relations and help defuse the threats between the USSR and the USA.

Today they have links with shepherds in different countries, including Israel and Palestine.

After the start of the Iraq war, they developed a wool - Baghdad Blue -which is a vibrant colour - "as bright as the Baghdad sky". All profits from the sale of this wool goes to support Neve Shalom/Wahat al Salaam - an international community in Israel.

The wool is beautiful - at first it looks just blue- then you see the specks of purple through it - and really affordable. I can't wait to knit with it!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I now have Peace Fleece locked in via both my bookmarks and on Ravelry. Wool is something I can definitely get behind!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

It's Elyse. I really like the idea of Peace Fleece, and I would really like to get involved. The idea is fantastic, and it is helping people at the same time. Hope to get involved soon!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.